I took the summer off from blogging, but...


... I am back and ready for the new academic year!  I am looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces in the UC Singers, Union Harmony, and the UC Regional Chorus. I am equally excited to begin teaching Introduction to Music, Theory/Musicianship, as well as teaching voice lessons!

Many students are on campus now, with many more to come tomorrow and Monday. I do love this time of year -- it is a time to start anew for student and teacher alike!

The choirs will begin rehearsing for the Christmas Festival this Wednesday.  Yes, that's right, Christmas in August! I am excited about the music we will be rehearsing and performing and am eager to meet with my choirs.  The UC Singers and Union Harmony will meet for their first rehearsal this Wednesday (August 22nd), while the Regional Chorus will begin rehearsals on Tuesday, Sept. 4th.

Please scroll to the bottom of this page for a schedule of major choral performances for 2012-2013.  Additional on-campus and "run out" performances will be announced as needed.

If you don't already sing in one of the choirs, please contact me at ggandy@unionky.edu or by calling 606-546-1333.

Blessings to all for a great semester!